Working to get your home ship-shape for showings will increase its value and shorten your sales time.
1. Have a home inspection. Be proactive by arranging for a pre-sale home inspection. For $250 to $400, an inspector will warn you about troubles that could make potential buyers balk. Make repairs before putting your home on the market. In some states, you may have to disclose what the inspection turns up.
2. Get replacement estimates. If your home inspection uncovers necessary repairs you can’t fund, get estimates for the work. The figures will help buyers determine if they can afford the home and the repairs. Also hunt down warranties, guarantees, and user manuals for your furnace, washer and dryer, dishwasher, and any other items you expect to remain with the house.
3. Make minor repairs. Not every repair costs a bundle. Fix as many small problems—sticky doors, torn screens, cracked caulking, dripping faucets—as you can. These may seem trivial, but they’ll give buyers the impression your house isn’t well maintained.
4. Clear the clutter. Clear your kitchen counters of just about everything. Clean your closets by packing up little-used items like out-of-season clothes and old toys. Install closet organizers to maximize space. Put at least one-third of your furniture in storage, especially large pieces, such as entertainment centers and big televisions. Pack up family photos, knickknacks, and wall hangings to depersonalize your home. Store the items you’ve packed offsite or in boxes neatly arranged in your garage or basement.
5. Do a thorough cleaning. A clean house makes a strong first impression that your home has been well cared for. If you can afford it, consider hiring a cleaning service. If not, wash windows and leave them open to air out your rooms. Clean carpeting and drapes to eliminate cooking odors, smoke, and pet smells. Wash light fixtures and baseboards, mop and wax floors, and give your stove and refrigerator a thorough once-over.
Pay attention to details, too. Wash fingerprints from light switch plates, clean inside the cabinets, and polish doorknobs. Don’t forget to clean your garage, too.
G.M. Filisko is an attorney and award-winning writer who has found happiness in a Chicago brownstone with the best curb appeal on the block. A frequent contributor to many national publications including Bankrate.com, REALTOR® Magazine, and the American Bar Association Journal, she specializes in real estate, business, personal finance, and legal topics.
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
2619 Bryan Station Lane, Crestview Hills, KY 41017. A lovely 2-story condo with newer wood laminate flooring on the 1st floor. Shows off an updated kitchen and downstairs bathroom! Nestled on a private seeting near end of dead end street! The first floor master features a vaulted ceiling and adjoining master bathroom, while the 2nd floor bedroom is large and has a nice 6x9 walk-in closet! A MUST SEE!! View photos on my web commercial at http://agentbob.vflyer.com/home/flyer/home/38224000 then give me a call to see it in person! Don't let this get away, call me, Bob Hahn at (859) 525-2624 or email me at email@example.com
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
11231 US Highway 42, Union, KY 41091 MLS#393993When only the best will do, this home is a place fit for royalty! A stunning 4 bedroom home with amazing features plus 7 ACRES! This is your very own private retreat that features an indoor pool, horse barn, 2 apartments, 100 x 50 riding arena, 1/2 mile track plus a pond for fishing! The home features ceramic tile, wall to wall carpeting, an amazing family room, perfect for entertaining guests, large kitchen with island & seating, formal dining room & living room with wood burning fireplace. This home is an image maker & is brilliantly adorned with a charming covered front porch and is surrounded by nature's beauty at it's very best! Because you deserve the best, this home has SO MUCH to offer & you NEED to SEE IT!! Call today to view YOUR NEW HOME!! Don't let this one get away! See interior photos of the property at http://agentbob.vflyer.com/home/flyer/home/2729273 then call me to schedule an appointment to view at (859) 525-2624.
OPEN HOUSE DATES INCLUDE MAY 15, 2011 from 2-4 p.m. and MAY 22, 2011 from 2-4 p.m.
http://agentbob.vflyer.com/home/flyer/home/30244026 then call me, Bob Hahn at (859) 525-2624 to schedule a showing!
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Bob Hahn at (859) 525-2624 to view this amazing property! To see more interior photos, please visit http://agentbob.vflyer.com/home/flyer/home/3907483